Monday, September 1, 2008

In it to win it.

So... this school is amazing.

To sum up today I would say... HECTIC?? But it's been amazing.
I must say, the people here are very... headstrong. But that's not a bad thing. Just to sum it up: it's a lot of bitches and "gay-best-friends."

...but I guess I fall into one, maybe two, of those categories...

Either way, I love it here. I'm all moved in and it's AMAZING. Ethan and my room has the most amazing view of the Commons that I've seen in a long time. Just looking up and out of my window right now is fantastic and it's midnight.

Anyway... back to today...
So my dad dropped me off and helped me move in, so we talked to Ethan and his family for a while. Then, miraculously, I had a meeting with my OL (Orientation Leader) who is THE FUNNIEST LITTLE DUDE EVER. His name is Brian and he is very very gay. BUT SO ADORABLE. I'm kind of obsessed with him. And he's talking about getting us all of these crazy free tickets to stuff so I'm kind of stoked. So we all walked down to the waterfront (I was talking mostly to this girl who is Theatre Studies and another OL who is BA Acting) and we sat and talked for a while and then I had a meeting back at LB... and then there was someone on my floor in the group! So him and I walked back and talked for a while and it was cool and yeah.

My floor meeting was fine. My floor is so strange! I mean, I like them but it's just so funny to hear from all of them. But I don't know any of them super well, obviously, but Ethan is awesome (duh) and I know a few more people. God, I'm rambling.
Anyway, so I went and chilled with my dad for a while and got some dinner, and then we said goodbye and I went to my Orientation Kick-off. WHICH WAS INSANE. It was basically a big dance party. Except all of the freshmen were sitting in a theatre and watching the upperclassmen do it. It was so strange. But amazing.

So then as I was walking back to my dorm (and possibly to a dorm floor party) I ran into Peter Andersen! Who I am friends with on Facebook and is a friend of a friend. So we hung out, went and watched a movie with a few other Conservatory kids, and yeah. Oh, and according to the BA girl I talked to, it's hipper to call the BFA kids the "Conservatory" kids. So I guess that's me.

But yeah! It's been a good day. I'm not gonna mention a few things that bugged the holy hell out of me, but if you really want to know about all of that just let me know. There's plenty.

Love.

No comments: